AMRI’s Scholarship Program for Healthcare Students
Every year, thousands of selfless Americans make the decision to further their education within the healthcare field. Dedicating one’s life to caring for and treating those in need is both admirable and appreciated by those of us who understand the time, commitment and empathy that such a career choice entails. That is why American Medical Resource Institute® is proud to offer an annual scholarship that helps students in the medical field pay for their education costs.
Whether you are looking for a nursing scholarship, an EMT scholarship or any other sort of medical scholarship in a field that requires advanced life support skills, AMRI may be able to help. For 2019, we will be awarding a $1,000 scholarship to the person who submits the best essay to us (see rules below).
This is just one of the many ways that we at AMRI strive to demonstrate our commitment to the men and women who work so hard to save lives and treat those in need. We look forward to reading your entry submission and wish you the best of luck as you continue to work toward a successful career in the healthcare industry.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Write an essay of no fewer than 2,000 words. The essay should consist of two parts, as follows:
- In the first part of the essay, please answer: “What unique contribution do you think you will make as a healthcare professional?”
- In the second part of the essay, please answer one of the following two questions:
- What do you think would be the most difficult aspect of applying ACLS or PALS techniques to a person in need?
- Where will your ACLS or PALS skills take you? Write about where you are in your career goals now and where you see yourself in 5, 10 and 15 years.
- Your essay should be written in Microsoft Word and submitted to us as a .doc or .docx file.
- At the top of your essay, include your full name, mailing address, telephone number, email address, the name of the school you are currently attending, and your current program of study.
- Submit your essay via email to email@example.com
- Be sure to proofread your essay thoroughly before submitting.
- To apply for the AMRI Scholarship, you must be currently enrolled full-time in a school or medical training program and working toward a career as a:
- EMT/Paramedic or other First Responder
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
- AMRI reserves the right to require proof of enrollment in a medical school or training program prior to issuing a cash award.
- Applicants may submit no more than one essay per calendar year.
- You do not need to be enrolled in AMRI’s ACLS or PALS certification program to apply. No purchase is necessary.
- Employees and affiliates of American Medical Resource Institute are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- All submitted essays become the property of AMRI. By submitting an essay, you are giving us permission to reprint it on our website and through any of our existing social media outlets.
- Applicants can submit their essay starting March 1, 2018.
- To be considered for the 2019 scholarship award, the essay must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11:59 pm CST December 31, 2018.
- 5 finalists will be announced from January 28 through February 1, 2019.
- The winner will be announced on February 4, 2019.
2018 Scholarship Recipient
After narrowing down last year's submissions to a group of 5 finalists, AMRI picked the winning essay written by Stacy Slater. Stacy is currently enrolled in the accelerated Second Degree BSN program at the University of Houston at Sugar Land. She says she will use the $1,000 scholarship award to complete her nursing degree by December 2018. After graduation, she hopes to care for patients as a Medical-Surgical nurse. You can check out her winning essay here.