Fourteen Essential ACLS Drugs You Should Know About
When treating patients with a variety of cardiovascular disorders, intervention with pharmacologic and other modalities is frequently required.
There are many drugs available to practitioners. It is essential that you are familiar with and knowledgeable about the following ACLS drugs:
- Anti-platelet and anti-thrombotic agents
- Vasodilators (NTG, SNP, etc.)
- Morphine sulfate
- Adrenergic blocking agents (i.e. beta and alpha)
- Calcium channel blocking agents
- Anti-arrhythmic drugs including:
Although there are dozens of other ACLS drugs that might be employed when treating this group of patients, for the purpose of understanding and passing the ACLS provider course exam, knowledge about the essential ACLS drugs listed above guarantees likely success.